Acceptance into the Major: Dance
An audition is required for acceptance into the dance major. Acceptance into the dance program does not guarantee acceptance into the University; prospective students must also meet the University's admission criteria. The program does not offer a minor in dance.
Transfer students must audition for acceptance into the dance major. Transfer students must earn a minimum of 30 credit hours of required credits from UB's dance program to graduate with a dance a degree from UB.
Potential INCOMING STUDENTS please click here for required dance audition information.
BFA in DANCE AUDITION information for CURRENT BA MAJORS
DATE: Thursday, August 29, 2013
TIME: 4:00 PM
SIGN-IN: Beginning at 4:00 PM
PLACE: Dance Studio 82 & 84
All prospective BFA dance majors and current BFA majors will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- A willingness to be invested in a BFA program
- Appropriate dance performance aesthetics/physicality conducive to dance as a major or professional performance standards within the field
- Positive attitude
- Following instructions –a team player
- Movement aesthetics and musicality
- Potential for projecting the needed style
- Potential for company work and artistic development
- Improvisational potential and sensibilities
- Creativity projected through class work and the choreographic process
- Confidence and commitment to the work
- The overall ability to reproduce dance combinations given by the dance panel presenters/adjudicators
Proper audition attire required, and appropriate hair and shoes for the discipline.
Note: Incoming Freshmen audition for the BFA in the first semester of their Sophomore year.