All Dance Majors must audition for acceptance into the program. There are no individual auditions available. Students must audition on one of the dates below only.
Dance Audition Dates - Students entering UB in Spring or Fall 2014:
November 15, 2013 - University @ Buffalo - 9 am or 11 am**
February 28, 2014 - University @ Buffalo - 9 am or 11 am
New York City Audition - Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 9 am
Please click here to fill out an Audition Form for Dance.
- Performing Arts Profile required, see below for information.
- Please come ready to attend dance classes, no prepared piece is required.
- Bring ballet slippers and jazz shoes, no pointe or tap shoes.
- Proper attire includes: solid colored tights and leotards, or tight dance pants; no bare midriff or excessive layers.
- The audition includes: ballet, modern and jazz. There is no tap class. Tap placement is determined by years of experience.
- Cost of Audition Workshop is $30.00. Checks must be received before confirmation of audition is sent. Cash and credit cards cannot be accepted. Please send a check or money order only (see below).
PLEASE MAKE THE AUDITION RESERVATION BY FILLING OUT AN AUDITION FORM.
After you submit the on-line form, you must send an Audition Workshop Fee check in the amount of $30.00 payable to the Department of Theatre & Dance and mail to:
Department of Theatre & Dance
Audition Workshop Fee
University at Buffalo
285 Alumni Arena
Buffalo, NY 14260
After your check is received, you will be mailed a confirmation of your audition date.
Performing Arts Profile:
Prospective dance students are required to bring a PERFORMING ARTS PROFILE with them to the audition. This profile should be clearly labeled with the student's name and should include:
- Training History
- Dance students - two references, names and addresses only (references may be from an academic teacher, dance teacher or guidance counselor)
- Career Goal Statement (one paragraph, 50 words)
- 3" x 5" or larger photo - head shot or dance pose (will not be returned)
Additional Dance Audition Information
Dance auditions are held in the UB Center for the Arts Dance Studios. Use the Center's main entrance. Take the central staircase down to the lower level. Turn left. The dance studios are straight ahead on the right.
A Parking Pass is required if you are going to park on campus. You will receive one with your confirmation letter.
8:30 - 9:00 A.M. Registration for 9:00 A.M. Audition (Group 1)
9:00 - 11:00 A.M. (Group 1) Audition dance classes to include Ballet, Modern, and Jazz, Tap Interview. (Studio 84) Molly Casarella, Academic Advisor, will speak to parents (Group 1) in the Drama Theatre
10:30 - 11:00 A.M. Registration for 11:00 A.M. Audition (Group 2)
11:00 - 11:30 A.M. All Dance Parents and Students (Groups 1 & 2) Meet with Dance Program Director, Jeanne Fornarola (Drama Theatre)
11:30 - 1:00 P.M. Audition (Group 2) Classes to include Ballet, Modern, and Jazz, Tap Interview. (Studio 82) Molly Casarella, Academic Advisor, will speak to parents (Group 2)
11:30 A.M. Informal Tour of CFA
3:00 P.M. Informal Tour of CFA
1:15 P.M. University Tour (if interested, you must register online at admissions.buffalo.edu, click on Visit, and then Visit UB Program).
7:30 P.M. Evening Department Performance (Optional)
Call (716) 645-6897 to reserve up to four complimentary tickets in your name