Financial Aid

There are several ways to finance your education at the University at Buffalo. Many of our students combine state and federal aid with work study and other research funding.

For detailed information on Financial Aid and Funding through the Department, you may select either undergraduate or graduate information.

More information on UB Financial Aid, including school codes, policies, and work study opportunities is available through the UB Admissions site.

More information on Graduate Funding at UB is available through the UB Graduate School.


The Department of Theatre & Dance also offers several scholarships and fellowships at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. More information on undergraduate Departmental Funding Opportunities is available here. Graduate Funding is available here.

Undergraduate students may also find funding and research opportunities through the UB Center for Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities. This can be an excellent way to further your research and creative work while earning money for school.

Honors students in the Department may also apply to the Honors College for funding to support independent projects. Past students have received grants to support design projects, dance concerts, and student-directed productions. More information on the Honors College is available here.